09 10

Monday, May 19, 2014

Attention-Seeking 101

If there is one thing I cannot stand, it is people who do things purely for attention. Need more specifics? I'm talking about those annoying people who cannot stand the fact that they're not in the limelight for like, 2 seconds.

The Compliment Thing

I firmly believe in the power of words, but occasionally things do slip out of my mouth that I wish I had never said. However, if I give you a sincere compliment on anything about yourself, whether it be the color of your eyes, or the shoes you're wearing, accept the freaking compliment. I hate when I tell someone I think they're beautiful, and they won't accept it. This isn't really attention seeking, but it's pretty annoying. Or my favorite part is this:
Me: You're really pretty!
Them: Oh, no, no I'm the ugliest person in the entire world.
Me: Fine, you're ugly.
Them: *Gasp* I can't believe you would say that!

Well, what did you honestly expect? If you're not going to accept my compliment and you're going to keep denying it, I'll just tell you what you think. I'm not going to sugarcoat it and continue to tell you that you're beautiful if you're just going to keep dodging my compliments. I don't roll that way.

For instance, I used to have this extremely beautiful friend who always had guys hitting on her and stuff, and she always said she was ugly. But, she took a million selfies and was extremely conceited. So finally, I got tired of her always rejecting my compliments and saying she was ugly when she clearly thought she wasn't. I hate girls who only say they're ugly for attention.



Crazy False-hoods

There are two things I hate more than anything in this world: Liars, and skim milk. Skim milk is basically just water, so therefore it's lying about being milk. But, back to my point. I hate people who make up things for the sole purpose of gaining attention. I can name so many examples right here in my very own school. For instance:

1) I have had two different girls in my school tell me that they have cancer, and I asked why they weren't going through chemotherapy, and they both said that they didn't want to endure the hassle of going through it.

Now, I've never had cancer of any form, so I can't even imagine what it must be like to go through it. But, I do know that if it were me, I would want to at least try to beat the cancer. So what if my hair falls out? If it meant that I was living and I had a fighting chance, I would endure the battle. And my favorite part? Neither of them appear to be getting sicker. If you had cancer, you would be sick, a lot. Both these girls told me about their 'cancer' a long time ago; One was in 7th grade (four years ago), the other was in 9th grade, or two years ago. They both seem to be in perfect health, which does not seem to be a likely factor of cancer.

2) I have had a friend tell me she was kidnapped at a young age. Now, I haven't endured every single moment with my friends, and we all have secret stories that nobody knows. But, when my friend told me that she was kidnapped a long time ago by someone, naturally I kind of freaked out and wanted to know all the details.

She said she didn't know who it was, which is already confusing, because if you were, indeed kidnapped, wouldn't your parents be doing everything in their power to find the person who did it to you? Also, when I asked if the person was male or female, she again told me she didn't know. Well, for Christ's sake, how do you honestly not know, if anything, at least the gender of the person? If you were really kidnapped, I'm certain you would know at least partially, the gender of your captor.

3) Rape

Now, rape is a very serious topic, even if you never had to endure it. It is a very personal topic, and since I personally went through it, I always try to lend a helping hand to those who had to deal with the torture it causes, because it is a very serious topic. However, I don't pressure. Sorry, that's sort of besides the point.

I have had three friends, each who were at one point very close to me tell me that they were raped. So, I listened to their stories, I offered my support, and I tried to help them deal with it. Only problem? It. Never. Happened.

We'll start with case number one, by my ex-best friend who we will call 'Jane'. Now, Jane and I have had a very rough friendship, which is why we're no longer friends. Infact, the real reason we were ever friends in the first place was due to a truce, after she literally made my life a living hell.

I remember this was a guy (Yes, I can hear you already internally groaning), that we both liked. Give or take, she had known him longer, but he asked me out. We broke up shortly afterwards, and one day, she comes up to me and tells me plain and simple that the guy raped her. Well, of course I'm going to freak out. I mean, my ex-boyfriend just raped my at the time best friend, so of course I was going to go confront him and demand to know what the freaking heck was wrong with him.

But, she begged me not to, so I respected her wishes and I kept my mouth shut. He showed up later that day and wanted to know why she was going around telling everyone that he raped her, when he didn't.
At first, I didn't believe him. What reason would I have to believe him? But later, she told me she wasn't raped, and that they were still best friends, which sort of proved to me that she was full of bullpoopie.

If you are raped, I can almost guarantee you don't willingly want to be within a hundred feet of the person who did it. It brings back painful memories, and that made me made, because she lied about something as extremely big as that.







No comments:

Post a Comment