09 10

Thursday, May 29, 2014

End of the Year Awards!

For my final post of the year, I would like to hand out some awards from the people at my school. I figured it would be a refreshing break from ranting about all the things I hate... Ok, truthfully, I just couldn't think of anything else to rant about. Also, I am in a bet where I have to be nice to everyone for a week... It's challenging. Names will be included, so if you don't appreciate it, please let me know, and I will immediately change your name!












Most of you won't know who these people are, and that's absolutely fine. But, since I just recently won an award at school for the blogger of the year the other night, I'm in a particularly good mood. So, without further adieu, here we go! (By the way, this list is not in any particular order, so please don't think that just because you're not number one, that you're below anyone else!)

) The Best Music Taste Award;













This was actually a pretty hard decision to make, for the simple fact that I have a few people with a bomb-tastic taste in music. But, for the most part, I picked someone who I can get in lively debates over the best albums of the 70's from. So… drum roll please….

The Best Music Taste Award goes to… Mr. Shima! (Sorry, I don't think it's a good idea to include full names for the simple fact that it's a violation of privacy.) Mr. Shima has an amazing taste in music, even if I do give him grief over the type of music he plays during class sometimes. He does, however, listen to amazing bands such as the Beatles, the Steve Miller Band, and even more modern stuff such as Macklemore. So, Mr. Shima, here's to a great year!



15) Best Dressed Award;



Mrs. Hill; Bailey Williams; Cameron Titerich; Cody Blanchemeyer;

This is the first time I've done awards, so try not to punch me, please. I'm trying, I really am. I give major applause to my teachers, because giving awards to people has never been in my job description. These are people who dress super fly. Here's to you, for exerting so much swag.


Mrs. Hill; You have some of the coolest clothes I've ever seen

14) The Butterfinger Award;




No, this is not an award for the most Butterfingers consumed, because if that was the case, I would be giving myself this award. The Butterfinger Award is the award for the most clumsy person who is constantly dropping things...

Therefore, a butterfinger. Mrs. Wolters, this one is for you. You are forever dropping things, and it's pretty amusing to watch. You certainly make my days with your clumsiness. Thank you for taking one for the team, and always dropping my papers.



13) The Three Musketeer Award;

This award goes to people who are always there for their friends, no matter what. Even when they want to throw a brick at that person's face, they still manage to be there for their friends, and they always stick together. We'll start with the most likely candidates, Hasten, Grant, and Eli. I don't know you well enough to say a lot of fancy words, but you all seem like really good friends to each other, so, cheers!


Lexus; Lexus, you are by far one of my favorite people. I mean, we've known each other for about 13 years now, and I couldn't ask for a better friend. You're caring, sweet, and you listen to me rant... All the time. I trust you with my life, and I would never trade you... Except for maybe ice cream. Sorry, not sorry. 

Haley; For a really long time, I wasn't too sure about you. I heard awful rumors about you, and I was like... Uh, do I really want to approach this person? But, I'm so glad I did! You're so funny, even if you're a terrible influence on me! I mean, I have never left a class early before.. Gosh, for such a rebel, I sure am a loser. I adore the fact that you breathe, and I'm really going to miss you. Thank you for not only listening to my yammering, but also giving me advice.


 Gillian; We haven't really been friends for all that long... Or maybe we have, but I just don't keep track of anything... I love that you are there for me whenever I need to talk to someone, especially about all the people that piss me off on a daily basis. Plus, you're amazing, and I am glad to call you my friend.


12) The Homer Simpson Award;


Del; Usually, you're not supposed to nominate yourself for an award. But, technically I didn't nominate myself because my friends nominated me for this award. Love you guys too. Ok, so The Homer Simpson Award goes out to someone who has had the most "duh" moments during class.


Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner! Ha. I feel like they're just politely telling me that I'm stupid, or ditzy. Whatever tickles your peach. I mean, we're talking to someone who accidentally turned on the sink in science my freshmen year, and then tried to turn on the burner to turn off the faucet. Yep, I'm special.

11) The Snickers Award;



Snickers.. One of the most delightful candies ever created... Now I'm hungry. However, the Snickers Award does not related to the candy at all; Instead, it is given to a person, or in this case, people who have a good sense of humor, or a contagious laugh.
Trevor: Sure, I hate your laugh at times. In fact, I probably give you more dirty looks than anyone else in the class. But, your laugh isn't all that bad, I suppose.

Mr. Siefken: You were my favorite teacher 9th grade year. You actually made science class bearable, which I didn't think was possible because I hate science. Always have, probably always will. But, you always told jokes and had a good, easy sense of humor, which I like. I can joke with you, and for the most part you don't freak out on me because of it.

10) The Japanese Award;


Ella: I couldn't really think of anything more creative than this. But, I think it's so freaking awesome that you're learning Japanese, and that you're pretty fluent in it. I wish I had the capability to do something like that, but at present, I'm too lazy to even make myself dinner, so we probably shouldn't get our hopes up.


I'll miss having Spanish class with you, since now it's all Japanese, all the time with you; But, I wish you the best of luck with learning Japanese.

9) The Lazy Award;



Metkanoon: I'm a little too lazy to even add words to the lazy award... Maybe I should be the one receiving it instead. I think this award is pretty self-explanatory, but because it is now the last day of school and I'm feeling sentimental, I will.

The lazy award goes out to a person who is, by all means, lazy. Now, Metkanoon can be the most motivated person I know... But that's not too often. I mean, just yesterday I helped her clean her locker. As in, I sprayed it with Windex and helped clean it off. Maybe that was a bad example... I can think of many more examples, but it's too early in the morning for this.

8) Coffee Award;


Taylor Hartlein: I really don't know you very well, and I'm giving you this award because someone else nominated you for it. Apparently you drink a lot of coffee. Props to you.


7) Jeff Gordon Award;


This award goes to a student who is most likely to be rolling through the door when the bell rings. Shout out to Adam, for receiving this award. Again, you were nominated, because I can think of other students who might receive this award, but that's too long of a list for me to type.

6) Best Smelling;


Wendy: So, at first, I was told it would be funny to give someone a "Funky-smelling Award", but I thought that would be a tad too harsh. So, we went with the nicer choice, which is the Best Smelling Award. For some reason, no matter what, you always smell good;


I feel really creepy giving this award, because it sort of makes it appear that I walk around sniffing people whenever, and that out of all the people in the school, you just smelled the best. God, this is getting creepier as I continue. I'm shutting up now.

5) Rolex Award;


This award certainly sounds fancy, but it's not. I mean Rolex? That sounds like a fancy watch, which it is. Can you guess what the Rolex award is? No? Well, I did just hint that the award has something to do with watches…. Still stuck?

The rolex award is the award given to the person who is always looking at the clock…. Jimmy Burke, this award goes out to you. I hear you're pretty guilty of this!


4) Lunch Lady;




No, this award does not go out to the lunch ladies, although they should get their own! The Lunch Lady Award is given to a student who is always excited about lunch.  Chris I, I'd say this award fits you pretty well. Bon appétit!


3) Albert Einstein Award;





Josh, I don't really know you, at all. But, you're really freaking smart, and that's kind of what this award is for... It's more for being a genius in science, which I would say is a fair observation.


2) The Thinker;


Chris B, One word I would use to describe you would most definitely be smart, or a thinker.


1) The Lionel Messi Award;




Enrique, I don't know you all that well, but I know that you like soccer, and you're really good at it, from what I've seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment