09 10

Sunday, December 9, 2018

The Real Person Known as "EnlighteningTaleBrethren"

Hey guys, long time no post! Sorry for the indefinite hiatus, but I've had a lot of stuff going on over the past couple of years. Normally I know I do ranting posts more than anything else, but I thought it might be kind of fun to give you some insight into who the real person behind this blog is.

So hi, hello. Officially, my full name is Delores, and no one is allowed to call me by it. Not even my parents. I've went by "Del" since 7th grade, give or take. I was born October 21st, 1996. Sometimes I wish I had waited 11 more days to be born, because Halloween is my favorite day of the year. I'm not exactly sure how to do all of this. If I should break the facts up into a list, or simply just list it all in a paragraph. I guess the list would look a little more organized, but organization never was one of my strong suits.

1) I hate odd numbers- I realize this is a bit hypocritical, seeing as I just said that Halloween is my favorite day of the year. So let me rephrase. I hate almost all odd numbers. Exceptions include: Friday the 13th, my birthday, and Halloween. However, when it comes to things like volume levels on the television or amounts (like food,) I prefer it to be even. Consider it part of being a Libra and liking things even.

2) I have some odd pastimes- One of my favorite things to do is to read negative reviews on TripAdvisor about places that I'll probably never visit. Now, you might assume this means that I enjoy excessive negativity, but honestly, I just think it's funny to read about rich people complaining about 5 star resorts that would take me over a year to be able to afford.

3) I love to sing- Some of you know this. I sing all the time. Especially when I'm drunk. But whether I'm sober or intoxicated, I can't go a day without music. I remember I got grounded a lot when I was 17 (about 10 months total that year,) and I wasn't supposed to be listening to music. Mind you, I still found a way, but it was miserable when I couldn't listen to music. Music is my life. One thing I greatly miss right now is being on the Worship Team at my church. At least I still have a couple of videos of us on that stage.

4) I love to write- I've had a talent for writing since the early years. I remember when I was a little kid, (before I learned the alphabet,) I used to make up my own stories. They were always composed of random doodles, but they were stories. I also write fanfiction. Or I guess I should say that I used to write fanfiction. I haven't updated my stories in a couple of years, but I used to write pretty often. Sometimes I still write poetry, but not very often anymore. Some of my biggest accomplishments in writing:

A) In fourth grade, we had this state writing contest. The prompt was, "If you could wrap up anything in the world, what would you wrap up, and why?" My answer was pollution. This is actually one of my favorite stories to tell. We also had to take a piece of wrapping paper, and decorate it to fit with our answer. Well, I hadn't planned on entering this contest. So I wrote the essay, but I didn't touch the wrapping paper. The final day for all of this to be submitted approaches, and it's the last hour of the school day. My teacher asks for my wrapping paper, and I tell her that I hadn't done it. So she let me walk over to my house during class (I lived right across from the school,) to get my wrapping paper. Then she helped me glue random trash to the paper. I was one of three (or maybe it was five) finalists from the entire state. We all went to Silverton,  Colorado. I didn't win, but I felt so accomplished. I also used to get in trouble for writing stories during class instead of doing my work.

B) Two of my stories gained a fair amount of popularity on fanfiction.net. The first one, ranked number 9 out of 191 stories in its category. It's since dropped to number 14 because I finished the story, but I was so proud of myself. The second one, I'm not quite sure where it ended up ranking, but it does have 132 follows, so I guess that's pretty good.

C) When I was 18, I joined a poetry site called poetrysoup. That year, I ended up being on the "Best New Poets"list. I'd say not too shabby for not even being on that site more than 3 or 4 months at that point.

5) I wanted to be a cheerleader- I have always had a love for cheerleading. One of my absolute favorite movies is Bring It On, and I've seen it so much that I can quote more than half of the movie. I've actually seen all 6 movies in the franchise, but the first one will always be my favorite. I got in trouble in kindergarten for singing the opening cheer in the movie. Not that I knew that it naughty back then. I also used to always wear these silly little cheerleader outfits. I was a cheerleader both in 7th grade and 9th grade... but not a very good one. I've never been much of a dancer, so I didn't last very long on the team.

6) My favorite colors- My three favorite colors are red, black, and gold. Some of you will argue that black is not an actual color, but you can just stuff it.

7) I volunteer- Well, I did volunteer anyway. I used to volunteer at a thrift store when I was a teenager, and then for the last year, I was volunteering at an after school program called Kid's Time and at a food bank, until something bad happened. I miss it a lot. It was so rewarding, and I made some really great friends there! I encourage you all to give volunteering a try. There's just something about the feeling you get.. of knowing you're making a difference in someone else's life that can't be beat.

8) I hate being cold- If there is one thing I hate above all, it's being cold. I'd rather go a week without food than be cold. And because I'm 107 pounds and have virtually no body fat, I'm constantly cold. Hence why you'll often see me in a coat or sweatshirt.

So yeah... that's me! Hopefully this gave you a better insight into who I am. I don't even think anyone is ever going to read it, but in the event someone does, I hope you found it kind of interesting to see some of my quirky behaviors. People are always telling me I'm weird, and I know I'm weird. I'm proud to be a weird duck.

No comments:

Post a Comment