09 10

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Kids Today.


Kids... They are ungrateful pieces of... work. They can be the biggest blessing or the most remorseful curse. One reason not to have kids? The 7th grade emo phase... Just kidding, I don't really hate kids that much. I just hate how everything has changed. When I was 7 I had Pokemon Cards, Dragon Tales, and imagination. 

Where has that gone to? Kids now are so dependent on technology, and that's terrible. I mean, let's say that all technology suddenly stops working, just ceases to ever exist. What are you going to do to get food on the table and to survive? What skills and attributes do you have that someone else will value enough to give you a crumb of bread? Because I'm pretty sure that being the fastest texter in your class isn't going to impress many people out there.

I mean, I know freaking 8 year old kids who have better phones than me, iPads, and Facebook. First off, you're doing it wrong. You have to at least go through MySpace first. Everything has changed, and I shudder to think about the generation after this generation. Kids are already preferring playing on their phones to playing a game of tag in the park. I mean, why bother to play tag or anything remotely beneficial to your health, when you can just wither away on the couch, eating a bag of potato chips, and playing Minecraft? I know, I don't get it either.


Kids are also forgetting their motives, manners, and self-respect. I see 6 year old girls strutting around in heels, short shorts, and makeup! I didn't even start wearing makeup until I was in 8th grade, I still can't walk in heels, and at least my shorts cover my butt. I had a little girl the other day come up to me, wearing a tube top, short-shorts, and heels, and tell me that I'm the one with no self-respect, even though I was wearing a band t-shirt and skinny jeans. Little girls should not be wearing makeup as a way of life. I mean, dress up is fine. I think every little girl experiments with makeup at least once in their lifetime, but when you're 6, you should have more pressing concerns than how you look.

There are girls that are no older than 7 actually pressing to get into official relationships, and I'm not talking about that phase we went through in like kindergarten when we got fake married and sat with each other on the swings. No, I mean they actually want to be in adult relationships. What's the point of wanting to grow up so fast? You may get annoyed when your parents tell you to stop pressing to be an adult because you're going to miss being a kid, but it's so true. I mean, I'm already 17, and all I want to do during the day is curl up, watch Dragon Tales, and eat Cheese Nips.

Kids didn't smoke, they didn't drink, and they didn't engage in sexual activities, until now. Now there are 10 year olds smoking marijuana and cigarettes, 14 year olds who are going to parties and getting drunk, and 13 year olds losing their virginity. Someone needs to help the next generation, because as it stands, I have no faith for humanity. They listen to music that I personally feel has no real meaning. I mean every time I turn on the radio, all the songs I hear are about drugs, sex, and love. At least the love sung about in the 60's, 70's, and 80's was pure and true. Now it's just repetitive and repulsive. But maybe that's just my opinion. Just wait, our kids are going to go to dance with themes like "2010" and they're going to wear UGG boots and twerk to Call Me Maybe. 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post. Although i don't agree with the "technology will be the demise of civilization" viewpoint, you make many valid observations here. you also sound like my mom, haha! I'm sharing this post with a couple friends of mine that I think will enjoy it. Keep it up!

    BTW, are you in a blog design transition right now?

    ReplyDelete