09 10

Friday, January 31, 2014

Top 50 Songs of the 60's, 70's, and 80's

I am an odd child.. Not for the fact that I listen to music older than I am, because thankfully, there are people who still listen to the Beatles, Fleetwood Mac, and Styx. No, I'm weird for many reasons, including the fact that whenever I hear a song from those decades, I feel homesick, and I really wish I lived in the early 60's or 70's. Hell, I'd take the 80's too. So without further adieu, here's my list of the best songs (and believe me, this was a hard choice!) of the 60's, 70's, and 80's. This is not in any particular order, because there were SO many good songs from back then.












50. Quiet Riot- Cum on Feel the Noise
49. Elvis Presley- Fame and Fortune
48. Jimi Hendrix- Sunshine of Your Love
47. Bee Gees- Stayin' Alive
46. Rush- Tom Sawyer

45. Boston- More than A Feeling
44. Kansas- Carry On My Wayward Son
43. The Doors- Light My Fire
42. Jackson 5- Blame it on the Boogie
41. Journey- Separate Ways
40. Foreigner- Cold As Ice
39. AC/DC- You Shook Me All Night Long
38. .38 Special- Hold on Loosely
37. Santana- Black Magic Women
36. The Steve Miller Band- Abracadabra
35. Guns 'N Roses- Sweet Child 'O Mine
34. The Beatles- Till There Was You
33. Foreigner- Hot Blooded
32. Lynyrd Skynyrd- Sweet Home Alabama
31. Styx-Renegade
30. REO Speedwagon- Can't Fight This Feeling
29. Journey- Wheel in the Sky
28. The Steve Miller Band- The Joker
27. Metallica- Danger, Inc.
26. AC/DC- Shoot to Thrill
25. Michael Jackson- Thriller
24. The Beach Boys- 4:09 
23. The Beatles- Come Together
22. Elvis Presley- Love You
21. The Beatles- When I Saw Her Standing There
20. Elton John- Crocodile Rock
19. Steve Miller Band- Rock 'N Me
18. Wild Cherry- Play that Funky Music
17. America- Sister Golden Hair
16. Creedence Clearwater Revival- Up Around the Bend
15. Rolling Stones- (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
14. Steppenwolf- Magic Carpet Ride
13. Aretha Franklin- Respect
12. Queen- Another One Bites the Dust
11. Bryan Adams- Summer of '69
10. Blondie- Call Me
9. John Mellencamp- Jack & Dianne
8. The Police- Every Breathe You Take
7. Pat Benatar- Hit Me With Your Best Shot
6. Journey- Don't Stop Believin'
5. Fleetwood Mac- Go Your Own Way
4. The Who- Baba 'O Reily
3. Pink Floyd- Another Brick In the Wall
2. Led Zeppelin- Immigrant Song
1. The Eagles- One of These Nights

Hopefully these songs bring back many wonderful memories, or maybe you've found a lot of new songs to add to your iPod. Who knows? Did I nail it? Or was there any that you believe deserved to be on this list? Let me know in the comments below. Rock on, and stay fly.
-Enlightening Tale Brethren

No comments:

Post a Comment