09 10

Monday, April 28, 2014

Reasons Why I Hate High School

You know when you were younger, and your parents always told you to never be in a hurry to grow up, because it would be gone in the blink of an eye? I never realized how true that was until I started high school.
8th grade was a crap year that I'd never want to repeat, but the minute high school started, everything changed. My 9th grade year flew by, and my two 10th grade years have flown by as well.

I mean, it's already April. Next month is May, and that means we get out of school. I'm excited for the summer, but I'm also really nervous, because that means I'm one year closer to making my own decisions, and being a responsible adult. All I can say is, hold on to your childhood, because it doesn't last. I'm still a child myself, but in 6 months, I will be 18.

Do you realize just how scary that is? But, that's not the point of this post. The point of this rant is to talk about all the things I hate about high school, so let's just jump right into it, shall we?

People
I've made a previous rant about the people in my high school, so I'll keep this one short, and sweet. I am forever finding more reasons why I hate people. For instance, I hate the people who think it's really cute to stand in the middle of the hallway and talk to their friends. I need to get to Spanish, and your stupid prom talk is not so urgent that you can't move out of the middle of the hallway.


I also hate people for the sheer fact that they seem to think they're better than others. Take Art class, for example. We have what I like to call "karaoke hour" in which the preps blast their music, usually three separate tables playing three different songs at once, and sing along to their music. Don't even try to change the song, because they will freak out on you and practically rake their claws down the side of your face.

 I know they obviously have the right to sing when they want, but for god's sake, don't quit your day jobs. If I have to hear one more Hair Spray song, or another verse of Boys 'Round Here, I am going to become a very unpleasant person.

Seniors
Now, I know that senior year is a really big deal. I mean, it's your last year in high school and you want to enjoy it. I get that. However, I am so sick of the seniors getting special privileges. Like, in Art; We all stand by the door and wait for the bell to ring, but the seniors get to go out to their lockers and get their backpacks, while the rest of us are required to wait. For God's sake, it's 5 minutes, I think you can wait. Or at our last assembly, I was going to sit at the top of the gym on  the benches, like I usually do, but a teacher made us go sit down on the bleachers with everyone else. Well, almost everyone. The seniors got to sit on the benches, even though there was plenty of room on the bleachers for them.

They also like to act like their god's gift to everyone, and that everyone should kiss their feet and obey their every command. In Art, once again, they control the music. And, I remember the one time that my table was allowed to be in charge of music for the period, we put on a Metallica station, and one of them just struts on over and changes the station, even though it was our turn to control the music. I can't wait till this batch of seniors is gone.

Classes
I hate the way our schedule is set up, for the simple fact that I have History, and then Biology directly after on B-days. I have never enjoyed science, and I liked history, until I was required to practically write a novel of notes. And, the best part of history, is that when my teacher tells us a test is coming up, instead of giving us a study guide, he just says "look through your notes." Yeah, I have 2 notebook filled with notes, and I am so not studying every page of it for a dumb test. Plus, I think our teachers conspire against us, because whenever we have a test, it always seems like they decide to do their test that day too, so we often have double tests. And then, directly after History, we are expected to write more notes in Biology, and our teacher gets mad because we don't want to take notes anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment